Friday, June 7, 2013

SEO for Small Businesses Part 2


SEO for Small Businesses - Part 2



EJB Consulting SEO Santa ClaritaIn my previous post, I introduced the idea of why Search Engine Optimization (SEO) was important to small business.  Hopefully I was clear and you understand the importance of SEO.  I became painfully aware as I was creating web sites and good content, but I still was not getting ranked by google and drawing the viewers that I expected.  I had heard of SEO in the past, and thought I understood it (or as much as I was interested in knowing).  Then I attended a meetup and an SEO professional Chaz Key demonstrated how SEO works.  I have been applying the techniques since then with success.

Where to learn SEO for Small Business



[caption id="attachment_207" align="alignright" width="150"]SEO Proof You can see the before (left) and the immediate results once I started using SEO.[/caption]There are a lot of resources available for free for business owners who wish to learn more about search engine optimization.  The easiest way (by my experience) has been to join a http://www/meetup.com group.  I joined the SEO So Easy group in Santa Clarita, Ca.  The group is organized by Chaz Key, from Nine Eye SEO
This is the first meetup group that I have joined and I wrote about my initial experience.  The meetup was a perfect combination of information, and more importantly how it was presented.  Chaz Key describes himself as having a "passion" for teaching and he couldn't be more right.  This passion is evident, and also I found myself motivated to try out these techniques after each meetup.  It helped that I had instant success!  If you're new to SEO, try to find a meetup in your area at www.meetup.com

Online Resources for Learning SEO



There are many, many resources online to learn SEO.  But where to begin?  As I said in part 1 of this series, SEO for Small Business, google's opinion is really all that matters.  Google wants you to succeed.  It makes their job easier.  Head over to the Google Webmaster Blog for a great start.

Moz.com is a great site as well, formerly known as SEOmoz, they are an SEO company that offer great tips and tools on their site and blog.

In addition to blogs and sites, you may want to try a forum to interact and ask questions.  Try out WebmasterWorld, SEO Book, and SEO Training DOJO.

SEO Companies



I have provided a lot of resources for you to do your own reading and investigation, but what if your looking for SEO Companies?  As if you didn't see this one coming, I absolutely suggest you take a moment and speak with Chaz at www.nineeye.com for your businesses search engine optimization needs.  You will not be disappointed.

 




Article: SEO for Small Business

Article Source: EJB Consulting, LLC
Author:
Resources: Nineeye.comGoogle






View Larger Map

No comments: